Based on the number of weeks of pregnancy and specific requirements of the patient, there are different options for abortion procedures in Bangalore: the most common two options are a non-surgical option for abortion, known as the “abortion pill” or medical abortion; and a surgical abortion.
The abortion pill is available to most women during the early stages of pregnancy. This is different to a surgical abortion, but each have their own risks and both should be administered under the care of an experienced gynecologist at an MTP certified hospital.
There may be currently a few options for abortion pills available online in Bangalore. Even though different abortion pills may be available online, it is still very important to seek medical care and guidance before taking them, and it is critically important to take them under the prescription and supervision of an experienced medical professional/ gynecologist.
You must not self-administer an abortion procedure at home without medical supervision, under any circumstances, as it can carry serious short-term and long-term health risks.
Abortion pills available in Bangalore India
The best, and most common, abortion pill option is to combine the two medications of mifepristone and misoprostol. There are a large variety of abortion pills flooding the market in India, and that are now available online as well.
Each pill may have the same two ingredients but in different dosages. It is very important to seek help when looking for the right pill for you as everyone will react differently to different dosages in these pills.
Some of the abortion pills that are available in Bangalore and throughout India are:
- Unwanted Kit Abortion Pills
- Cipla Mifepristone and Misoprostol (which is known as the Cipla MTP kit)
- Abortion kit by Neiss Labs
- Mifegest Kit for Medical Abortion
All of these different options of the abortion pill will use the combination of drugs above – mifepristone and misoprostol. Each of them have slightly different amounts of each of these two drugs, and your body may react differently to someone else’s with each pill. Speak to a medical professional for help to get the best guidance and advice for the abortion pill procedure suitable for you and your body.
Risks and side-effects of the abortion pill and what to consider
Although the medical abortion, or the abortion pill, is a safe and effective method of terminating a pregnancy up to 6 weeks, it does have side-effects and some risks. This is why it is critically important to have these pills administered under the care and guidance of a gynecologist at a reputable MTP (Medical Termination of Pregnancy) Certified hospital to ensure the risks and side-effects are managed correctly.
It is also advisable to seek CAC (Comprehensive Abortion Care) via methods and standards suggested by The WHO (World Health Organization). This ensures the long-term health and well-being of the patient, that risks are at a minimum, as well as having guidance of what to do should any of these risks occur.
Here are some abortion pill risks:
- Ongoing pregnancy can occur in less than 1% and the next step here would be to undergo a surgical abortion under the care of a trained medical professional.
- Excessive bleeding can be severe enough to require a blood transfusion. This usually only occurs in 1 in 1000 cases, but it is best to be under professional care in case this does occur.
- Incomplete abortion is the most common complication. This occurs when the pregnancy is not completely evacuated from the uterus and the next step would be to undergo a surgical procedure under the guidance of a medical professional.
- Abortion pills can also cause cramping and in some cases when taken without gynecologist supervision may lead to uterine haemorrhage / severe blood loss.
The best choice for your medical abortion
Abortion pills are available and must be administered at reputed MTP Certified Hospitals for Abortion in Bangalore where experienced and trained gynecologists and medical doctors ensure the best choice of abortion pills in Bangalore and the suitable procedure for you, as well as the after-care and guidance needed through each step of this process.