DILATATION AND CURETTAGE IN BANGALORE
Dilatation and Curettage (D&C) in Bangalore at Genesis Hospital
Dilatation and curettage in Bangalore is available at the Bangalore Genesis Hospital. It is a therapeutic gynecological procedure involving the dilation of the cervix, and the removal of part of the lining of the uterus or the contents of the uterus by scraping or curettage.
Dilatation and curettage in Bangalore should be performed by an experienced gynecologist or surgeon as it is a delicate procedure. In fact, it is the standard procedure to deal with incomplete miscarriages in many countries.
Dilatation and curettage is commonly performed in the following cases:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding marked by unusually heavy menstrual flow
- To remove excess uterine lining relating to conditions like aspolycystic ovary syndrome, where periods do not occur to remove the tissue.
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- To remove retained products of conception (POC), such as during a miscarriage.
Abnormal uterine bleeding can be caused by various factors, such as:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Uterine fibroids
- Endometrial hyperplasia
Safe procedures involved in dilatation and curettage at our hospital are:
- General anesthesia or local anesthesia is administered.
- A speculum is inserted to hold open the vaginal walls.
- The opening of the uterus is stretched using tapering rods.
- A curette is inserted into the uterus to gently scrape the uterine lining.
Some of the possible risks involved are:
- Reaction to anesthesia
- Uterine perforation
- Intrauterine adhesion leading to complicated future pregnancies
*Dilatation & Curretage at Bangalore Genesis Hospital is a very safe procedure carried out by expert gynecologists who are highly experienced in minimizing risks with a focus on the patient’s long term health and well-being. The hospital currently has had a 100% success rate with the D&C procedure.
Patients who have undergone a D&C procedure might also experience temporal cramps or backache. Vaginal bleeding or spotting which occurs for a few days is also normal. Patients are advised to abstain from having sex for around two weeks until the wound heals. Nevertheless, most women can return to work a day after the surgery.
A hysteroscopy is an alternative to D&C with even lower risks. Miscarriages can also be treated using drugs, which are a safer, non-invasive method.
Reasons to go to Genesis Hospital for dilatation and curettage in Bangalore are as follows:
- Highly experienced and professionally qualified gynecologists and surgeons are available to diagnose and treat specific gynecologic conditions.
- Sterile and well-equipped operating theatres to ensure safe and smooth surgery.
- Comfortable, hygienic wards for post-operative care.
For appointments or consultations for dilatation and curettage in Bangalore, please call or WhatsApp 900 849 2277.