TONSILLECTOMY IN BANGALORE
Tonsillectomy in Bangalore At Genesis Hospital
Tonsillectomy is a surgical procedure where the patient’s tonsils are removed from both sides of the throat.
It is commonly performed at the Bangalore Genesis Hospital.
Patients who go for tonsillectomy in Bangalore are usually those who have suffered from the following conditions:
- Repeated occurrences of tonsillitis with persistent, severe throat pain, and where medication therapy has failed
- Obstructive sleep apnea where the tonsils stop or obstruct breathing at night due to enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Nasal airway obstruction
- Peritonsillar abscess
How do you know you are suffering from tonsillitis?
- Red and swollen tonsils
- Pain and discomfort in swallowing
- Repeated infections
At the Bangalore Genesis Hospital, a tonsillectomy procedure usually involves the following steps:
- Consultation with your doctor will help determine whether a surgery to remove your tonsils is the best course of action.
- Tonsillectomy is usually an outpatient procedure, and the patient can return once they awake from surgery.
- General anesthesia is given and the patient is completely asleep during surgery.
- The patient is intubated nasally to help breathing.
- The tonsils are removed with a scalpel or a laser.
- Cauterization is performed at the incision to control bleeding.
- Patient is given post anesthetic care until he or she fully recovers.
Post operative care tips for tonsillectomy in Bangalore at Genesis, include:
- Recovery takes 10 to 20 days.
- Drink as much fluid as possible to ease the sore throat. Cold drinks help reduce swelling and pain.
- Avoid ice-cream or dairy products as they leave a film in the mouth; consume sorbets and slushies instead.
- Eat only soft foods and liquids for the first few days after surgery.
- After a week, the scabs from surgery may start coming off, which poses a risk of bleeding. This can be relieved by gargling with cold water.
Reasons to go for tonsillectomy in Bangalore Genesis Hospital are:
- It is rated as the #1 multispecialty hospital in Marathahalli, Bangalore.
- Highly qualified and extensively trained doctors are available at our hospital to provide you with the best medical care and advice regarding tonsillectomy.
- Sterile and well-equipped treatment rooms and operating theatres are available.
- A professional team of medical staff is available 24/7 to anticipate and meet your pre and post operative needs.
- Affordable fees are charged at the Bangalore Genesis Hospital for a tonsillectomy.