BARIATRIC SURGERY IN BANGALORE
Bariatric Surgery at The Genesis Hospital in Bangalore
There are a few kinds of weight loss surgery in Bangalore to target obesity problems. The size of the stomach is reduced using a few possible methods, including gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, and laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding.
Among these methods, gastric bypass surgery is considered one of the safest. These surgeries are performed on patients who are morbidly obese in order to help reduce excess weight.
Long-term studies show that bariatric surgery leads to long-term loss of weight, recovery from diabetes, and a reduction in cardiovascular risk factors.
Therefore, bariatric surgery in Bangalore is recommended at the Bangalore Genesis Hospital for:
- Obese people with a BMI of at least 40, or people with a BMI exceeding 35 with other medical conditions. Exercise and diet programs should have been implemented before considering bariatric surgery.
- Obesity-related comorbid conditions include hypertension and diabetes.
However, obesity surgery or bariatric surgery in Bangalore General Hospital is only performed after doctor-patient discussion of treatment options and long-term side effects of the surgery.
Possible complications involved in bariatric surgery include:
- Development of ulcers in the intestine
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Non-insulinoma pancreatogenous hypoglycemia syndrome (NIPHS), which leads to a drop in blood sugar after eating
The Bangalore Genesis Hospital is the best place to go for bariatric surgery in Bangalore. The reasons are:
- Patients are properly screened in order to determine suitability for bariatric surgery. This is because patients who have psychiatric problems experience an increased risk of depression after undergoing bariatric surgery.
- Services of the best bariatric surgeon are available at our hospital, ensuring smooth and successful procedures for our patients.
- Comfortable and hygienic wards are available to facilitate speedy recovery for patients.
- During post operative care, patients are taken care of by highly professional staff under the watchful eyes of our obesity surgeon. Patients are slowly started on a liquid diet, and then progressed to pureed food after the operation.
- Weight loss surgery is complemented by other wellness and weight loss programs provided at the Bangalore Genesis Hospital. Patients are encouraged to adopt a healthy lifestyle through various health programs.