APPENDECTOMY IN BANGALORE
An appendectomy in Bangalore is performed in order to remove the vermiform appendix. Otherwise known as an appendicectomy, this procedure is normally an emergency procedure performed on patients with acute appendicitis, which is an inflamed or infected appendix located at the end of the intestine.
At the Bangalore Genesis Hospital, appendectomies are performed either through open surgery, or laparoscopically, otherwise known as minimally invasive surgery.
- Laparoscopy is used if the diagnosis is uncertain or if the patient wishes to hide surgical scars.
- Another benefit of laparoscopy is that recovery will occur more quickly.
- However, laparoscopy takes a longer time to perform, and is more expensive compared to open surgery for an appendectomy in Bangalore
At the Bangalore Genesis Hospital, an open appendectomy is performed through the following procedures:
- After the appendix is identified, it is mobilized and ligated.
- The abdominal wall and skin is then closed and stitched up, and the wound is dressed.
- Most patients are discharged within 24 hours after surgery.
- Antibiotics are administered prior to surgery, especially if there are signs of sepsis.
- After general anaesthesia is given, the abdomen is prepared for surgery.
- An incision is made over the position of the base of the appendix, and the various layers of the abdominall wall are opened.
There are certain risks involved in an appendectomy operation. Some of the risks involved are:
- Pneumonia and collapse of the small airways (atelectasis).
- Wound infections.
- If the appendix has not ruptured, the complication rate is 3%.
- A ruptured appendix will bring the complication rate up to 59%, which is fairly high.
Therefore, skilled surgeons often decide to operate if appendicitis is suspected in order to prevent an undiagnosed or misdiagnosed appendicitis case from worsening.
The Bangalore Genesis Hospital is one of the best hospitals offering appendectomy and laparoscopic appendectomy surgery in Bangalore.
Reasons to get medical treatment at our hospital include:
- Our hospital is rated as the #1 multi-specialty boutique hospital in Bangalore.
- Our hospital is staffed by fully qualified and highly experienced doctors and surgeons who can provide the best medical care for your medical conditions as well as appendectomy needs.
- Our hospital is complete with sterile and hygienic operation theatres as well as high tech diagnostic equipment to facilitate careful and complete prostate surgery and treatment.
- Clean and comfortable wards for optimal post surgery recovery, with warm and friendly care offered by nurses and staff.